Seniors Jenny Zakaria & Maya Caminada On The Success of Girls’ Tennis

Seniors Jenny Zakaria & Maya Caminada On The Success of Girls Tennis

Having only lost a single match this year, girls tennis seems to be close to unstoppable. This success can be largely attributed to the new coaches, as well as their hard working and surprisingly young players. There were four freshmen added to the team this year, with three of them are already in starting positions. Expressions talked to seniors Jenny Zakaria and Maya Caminada about the team’s success.

“We have a really young team so everyone is still getting comfortable together. It has been a great experience and we have all improved as players and teammates throughout the season,” said Caminada.

“All of our starters have improved their games. Mackenzie [Berkshire] and Jenny [Zakaria] are leading singles now and I would definitely not want to go against Mckenzie’s backhand!” said Caminada.

There has also been the addition of a new coach this year, Abby Will, who is the daughter of coach Rose Will, who started as the Tennis coach at San Luis Obispo High School two years ago.

“It’s really interesting being coached by a mother-daughter team,” said Zakaria.

“They have brought a lot of energy to the team. Everyday she [Will] has new conditioning and core workouts that are hard but are keeping our team superfit,” said Caminada.

The Tennis team has had a great season and hopes to defend their victories in the upcoming matches.  

The girls face off with Arroyo Grande today to kick off California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), so if you see one of the players around, make sure to wish them all good luck.