Powderpuff Is This Friday

It’s that time of year again. This Friday, the girls of San Luis Obispo High School will face off in the annual powderpuff game: freshmen vs sophomores at 5 p.m. and juniors vs seniors at 7 p.m.

After a few short weeks of practice, coached by members of the SLOHS football team, the girls are thrust into the limelight to battle it out, each class determined to be crowned victorious.

For many girls, powderpuff is an opportunity to get out of their comfort zone and demonstrate their athletic ability.

“My junior and senior year I decided to not do a sport, but I want to still be active and when powderpuff became an opportunity, I took it. I’ve always had an aggressive side in sports and it’s a fun way to keep active,” said senior Heidy Hernandez.

The girls have been putting in work the past couple weeks to prepare for the big game.

“We’ve been having practice every two days during the week and they’re going really well. The [coaches] have been teaching us and helping us get organized. I feel ready for the game anytime,” said Hernandez.

In the past, powderpuff games have been nothing short of eventful, so students can expect a good show this Friday.

When asked why students should come watch this Friday, Hernandez said,

“It should be like any other football game, just with girls. It’ll be really interesting to watch.”