The First Presidential Debate Of 2016 Is Tonight

Tonight, presidential candidates Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump will be going head to head at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, in the first of three presidential debates. This election will not only go down in history for having the first female candidate from a major political party, but will go down in history for having two of the least liked candidates, according to polls, for president.

“Whatever happens during this election, we have to deal with the consequences, good or bad,” said junior Madi Sandoval.

The three major topics to be discussed in this debate are: America’s Direction, Achieving Prosperity, and Securing America. The format consists of six fifteen minute segments where candidates will be given an opportunity to address certain questions relating to these issues.

“As students of San Luis Obispo High School, we need to know what is going on the election because we are the next generation. Even though we aren’t voting now, we will be voting in the next election, so it’s good to understand political parties and viewpoints now so we know how to put our beliefs into our voting,” said Sandoval.

The first presidential debate between Trump and Clinton will be airing at 6:00 p.m. PST on every major network and streaming online.