Seth Keller’s Story

San Luis Obispo High School can be a great place for students to expand their interests, and it certainly has been for senior Seth Keller. In my conversation with him, I really saw the potential for creating positive relationships and having awesome experiences by exploring some of the extracurricular activities at SLOHS. It is the same old lesson about getting involved, but with a brand new voice to tell it. You can see Keller perform along with our many other talented students October 25-29 in “Arsenic and Old Lace”, playing at the SLOHS theatre.

Expressions: Can you tell us about the upcoming play you’re going to be in, and your role?

Senior Seth Keller: The show is called “Arsenic and Old Lace” and I’m Mortimer Brewster.

Expressions: That is the lead role, right?

Keller: The male lead, yes.

Expressions: When did you first get into acting?

Keller: Well my very first time was as an ensemble member during a “Nightmare Before Christmas” play when I was 9 or 10 (I’d say that doesn’t really count). My first REAL experience was late sophomore year for “Hairspray the Musical.”

Expressions: What would you say was your favorite part about that first experience?

Keller: I think that the bonds that unite a cast, especially the members that you work closely with, can really bring people together. That’s what I’ve treasured most. That familial closeness with your castmates. I would also say that the fact that “Hairspray” was a great experience has changed my high school career, because now I’m doing all the shows.

Expressions: Do you hope to continue acting after high school?

Keller: Yes! I don’t want to pursue it fully as a career, but I definitely want to pursue it as a hobby, or as a minor in college.

Expressions: We hear you like to sing too. How long have you been doing that?

Keller: Oh, I’ve always been quite the shower vocalist, but I never really sang in front of anybody until my guitar 1 performances, and now I’ve done two musicals and I’m currently in our Chamber Choir.

View Comments (1)