Tuesday – The Worst Day Of The Week

It’s that time of the week again – Tuesday. The day that many students here at San Luis Obispo High School, including myself, look at as the worst day.

“You can’t party on a Tuesday,” said junior Roberto Ruiz.

For starters, Tuesday is a disheartening distance from Friday, and just the weekend in general. You’ve still got three days of Math, Science, History, or whatever your schedule may be before the glorious, two-day break that each student so adamantly looks forward to.

“Mondays you get late start Monday, and Tuesday is the farthest day away from the weekend not counting Monday;  and it’s spelled weird,” said senior Jarrod Hayes.

Secondly, Tuesday is the first real school day. Yeah, Monday is technically real, but every student knows that Monday is code for weekend recovery day. Oh, and not to mention Monday comes with each class being cut down by over 12 minutes, making the school day substantially shorter.

“I’ll move the test to Tuesday,” is probably something you’ve heard your teachers say time and time again. For some odd reason, teachers like to assign tests on Monday. But if your teacher is easily persuaded, which many are, they’ll inevitably move that due date, in-class essay, or test to Tuesday. It sounds good, but really isn’t. This happening often leads to students’ Tuesday having to include a disproportionate amount of studying and homework, which in turn ends up being negative for that person.  

Overall, Tuesday always ends up being the worst day of the week. The day when the weekend is nowhere in sight and the schoolwork is piling on; to top it off, you probably have tests you just didn’t study for.

View Comments (1)