Summer Genre Films To Look Out For

Summer is here, causing many San Luis Obispo High School students to break out their bikinis, beach towels, and board shorts. However, for those of us seeking an escape from the scorching sun, we can always take refuge in a movie theater. Whether you prefer action films, horror movies, slapstick comedy, or chick flicks, there is a summer movie for you!

If you like Action Movies: On Friday, August 5, “Suicide Squad,” premieres, telling the tail of an unlikely team of super villains recruited by the government to complete a task too dangerous for superheros. If you are a fan of action and adventure movies, and DC comics, this is the film for you.

If you like Romance Movies: Based on the book, “Me Before You” came out Friday, June 3. The touching love story is a tear jerker, as it follows Louisa “Lou” Clark and her job at a local “castle,” when she becomes a caregiver and companion to Will Traynor, a former wealthy young banker who is wheelchair bound due to an accident that happened two years prior.

If you like Comedy: “Bad Moms,” starring Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn, is sure to have you laughing. It’s centered around mother Amy Mitchell (Kunis) who embarks on a wild girls night with her friends (Kathryn Hahn, Kristen Bell). If you like slapstick comedy, you’ll enjoy this movie, as it is being directed by the writers of “The Hangover,” Jon Lucas and Scott Moore.