All About Portables

The portable classroom is exactly what it sounds like; a portable, moving classroom. This type of learning environment provides the ability, much like a mobile home, to transport a full supporting class, with ventilation, windows, and functioning assets at ease.

If a user were to set up a portable classroom correctly, it can be proven to be a cheap, low maintenance, effective platform of learning within a confined space lasting upwards of ten years.

They are often used when space is not abundant for a conventional classroom. A portable learning platform has proven itself to be relevant to startup programs, school expansions, and training rooms. They usually come in a wide variety of sizes. Ranging from 28’x64’ to 25’x36’.

They can be leased, or purchased usually for the price of a middle class car. Therefore, they are cheap, reliable, and can be easily replaced without the hustle. And with the modular style of portable learning centers, they can be easily customized to whatever extent you choose it to be.

At San Luis Obispo High School, we have a few portable classrooms within the Agriculture department (pictured above), students show up to class and learn like they normally would in any other classroom. The air conditioning is controllable. Due to its isolation it is a quiet platform, and being a single building platform – you have windows to shed some natural light on your learning environment.