Meet Expressions’ New Editors-In-Chief

As the school year nears, clubs and organizations have decided on new leadership. After a rigorous selection of the best of the best, Expressions has decided the editors-in-chief for the 2016-2017 newspaper. Seniors Ella Jackson, Emma Jane Haas, and Aric Sweeny have decided to take on the lofty position together. However, they are not new to leadership in newspaper; in the 2015-2016 year, Jackson was editor of the news page, Haas was editor of the Opinion page, and Sweeny was the editor/manager of the website that you’re reading right now. Though the future editors-in-chief have not yet decided how to divvy up their roles, they look forward to improving Expressions as a whole.

“I’m really excited to give the newspaper a new look, and we also are thinking about getting involved in competitions, which would also be pretty cool,” said Jackson. Revamping the newspaper is a major goal for all three of the new editors-in-chief, as is expanding the amount of San Luis Obispo High School students who read Expressions.

“I hope the website gets more traffic, and we’re going to do new things with the print,” said Sweeny, whose previous role as web editor has inspired him to boost the readership of slohsexpressions.com.

“We really want to focus on quality over quantity and make the appearance and content of our paper the best it can be,” said Haas.