24 Hours Of Fun

Over memorial day weekend, a massive event took place at San Luis Obispo High School. This event and fundraiser is known as 24 Hour Relay and is very popular among SLOHS students.

The fundraiser’s sole purpose is to prevent drug and alcohol abuse for teenagers. Throughout the 24 hours, members from each of the teams are expected to walk/run laps around the track, in hopes of achieving the most amount of miles by the end of the relay. This year, over sixty teams participated.

Throughout the relay, many other activities took place; A water balloon fight happened midday, and later on there was a talent show, open mic, silent disco, a movie showing, and even a short dance.

Every year, the event is put on by Friday Night Live and this year they received countless sponsors and an impressive amount of volunteers to help run the event. Even SLO’s very own “Uba Tuba” provided a sampling of their delicious acai bowls. A local, vintage ice cream truck also made an appearance which was greatly appreciated due to the surprisingly warm weather.

Although it’s difficult to remain alert for 24 hours, most SLOHS students, parents, and volunteers persevered and had a very enjoyable experience.

“Probably the open mic. There were so many unexpected talents like Zach Wise singing. Who knew he had a good voice?,” said junior Sofie Janette on her favorite part of the relay.

View Comments (1)