My Bittersweet Goodbye To SLO High

Through these past four years at San Luis Obispo High School, my life has consisted of frustration, excitement, persistence, maturation, exhaustion, and thrill. While the parking lot makes me want to pull my hair out, events such as Homecoming Week and 24 Hour Relay remind me of my love for the community I live in. Regardless of all-nighters and distress from excelled classes, I am proud of my strong academic foundation and feel ultimately prepared to move on to the collegiate level. However SLOHS, just as any other school, consists of the good, the bad, and of course, the ugly.

The Good: I feel as though I am truly prepared for my college career, that I will not only be able to survive in my classes, but thrive. SLOHS’s faculty has always encouraged me to reach my full potential academically, socially, and personally. I feel privileged to soon be able to call myself an SLOHS graduate. Our ASB puts on wonderful events and strives to please the student body as a whole; our teachers work endlessly to educate us on the subjects they are passionate about; and our administration dedicates hours to keep our campus safe and happy.

The Bad: the amount of staircases on our campus is ridiculous. Students come into class nearly out of breath. I participate in a sport for a reason, I do not need cardio in between every class.

The Ugly: the parking lot is the disaster of our campus. I myself despise driving, and am almost certain that such hatred has stemmed from our school’s incompetent and ignorant drivers. You’re leaving school, you do not need to peel out or go 90 MPH to reach the exit.

All aspects considered, I am excited to move away and begin my time at Westmont in the fall, but will be sad to leave our wonderful school. On the other hand, I’m not too sad to leave the flaws of our campus atmosphere. I hope to someday be able to return to my alma mater and be blown away by the improvements I know our school will accomplish!

View Comments (3)