Party in the Cavalli Estates: The New Location for Prom Looks to be a Hit this Saturday

Prom 2024 is going to be the best SLOHS has ever seen. Graphic courtesy of senior Téa Fischer and Luca Petterson.

The San Luis Obispo High School Prom is happening this weekend, and people are getting excited.

Expressions interviewed students who can and cannot go to prom to hear their opinions on prom, and whether it’s worth it.

Expressions: How are you feeling about prom this year?

Sophomore Maeven Jackson: I’m just very excited!

Junior Anja Reed: I’m excited about prom! I had fun at Morro Bay’s last year and this year looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Senior Noah Kimbrell: I am feeling good about prom and I am really excited to have a fun night with both friends and my girlfriend.

Senior Agnes Moody: Very excited. They chose a good venue, it’ll be a great senior prom.

Expressions: Why are you going to prom?

Reed: I’m going because I feel like prom is one of the quintessentially high school things, it’s something I’ve always looked forward to.

Kimbrell: I am going because it is my senior year and I think this venue is going to be a ton of fun.

Moody: I had such a good time last year. It’s a good experience and fun dance. 

Expressions: Who are you going with?

Jackson: I am going with friends.

Reed: I am going with my boyfriend and our group of friends and their dates.

Kimbrell: I am going with my girlfriend and we are going with two other couples.

Moody: My two close friends, Erin Ritger and Maeven Jackson.

Expressions: If you could change one thing about prom, what would it be?

Moody: Start later, go later. But at the same time that’s a hard thing to ask.

Kimbrell: One thing I would change is the price, but for this venue the price is completely understandable.

Expressions: Would you recommend people who haven’t gone, to go this year?

Reed: Yes! I think that prom is a great time to dress up and have fun with either a group of friends or a date. I loved it last year and am excited to go again!

Kimbrell: I would absolutely recommend that people go this year. It is going to be a ton of fun at the location.

Moody: One hundred percent it’s a really fun thing to do and a good chance to hang out with friends. It is what you make of it. 

Expressions: How do you feel about the new location?

Jackson: It’s going to be really cool and pretty!

Reed: I think that based on what I heard about it being at Fremont, the new location will be great! I’m excited after seeing the video and I heard that Fremont was crowded and not the best location overall so I think the Cavalli Estates will be great. I also think that this is a great way for us to help a newer venue to gain publicity and I think it’s great that the owner is being so generous with us!

Kimbrell: I think the location is really cool and super fun.

Moody: Kind of sad we have to take the buses, sad it’s far. But it’s going to be really pretty!

Prom this year sounds like one SLOHS students won’t want to miss out on! 

Your last chance to purchase tickets is today after school, go get your ticket Tigers!