How Has the SLOHS Baseball Program been doing So Far this season?

The Tigers’ home dugout at Taylor Field was improved before the beginning of the season, and has been serving players well. Photo courtesy of freshman Santiago Baltodano.

The San Luis Obispo High School Baseball season is already well underway, and our Tigers have been cruising right along so far. Starting in February, SLOHS kicked off the season playing three out of eight games on the road, defeating many tough opponents from out of the county. 

“We could be doing a little better but I think our performance this season has been pretty good,” said freshman frosh baseball player Zachary Wallace. 

Varsity has collected a 4-6 record. The JV and Frosh teams have records of 3-2 and 1-0, respectively. 

“I think our team is pretty good. We played good baseball in the last game against Ridgeview,” said freshman baseball player Josiah Gies. 

In addition to having a winning record, players on the team have experienced their fair share of exciting moments, including narrow victories and standout performances. 

“One of the best moments was when our catcher didn’t know if we won the game,” said freshman JV player Casey Stephens after a close game against Paso Robles.

Even after a rough patch over the weekend with losses to St. Joseph and Clovis East, the Tigers have remained energized. All three teams for SLOHS face off against Arroyo Grande this Thursday, and are primed for a slew of games over Spring Break.

“I’m looking forward to the games in the future, and I hope we can keep momentum. The postseason will be fun and exciting for the team,” said Wallace.

The SLOHS Varsity team kicks off April with a four game homestand, and have a ton of games scheduled for the rest of the trimester. Be sure to show out at Taylor Field and support our Tigers!

Source: maxpreps.com