Uh-oh! All Those Hard-Earned A’s Are Disappearing!

It’s about time to study, but it’s already 2:08 a.m.! Photo courtesy of freshman Kai Liwanag.

It’s finals week at San Luis Obispo High School, and tensions are high. As students try to cram in that last night of studying, what is going through their heads? What are they most stressed about?

To answer those questions, Expressions reached out to several students.

Expressions: What final are you most concerned about? Why?

Sophomore Zara Sedeek: I am most concerned about my AP World History final because that class has been the most challenging for me. Getting a good grade in that class means a lot to me and my GPA.

Freshman Waucoba Hunter: English, because the final will be written and it is my only “not easy” class.

Junior Kashmir Sahota-Flood: I am most concerned about my math final, math is not my strongest subject.

Expressions: Are you studying for finals the night before or in advance? Why?

Sedeek: I am definitely studying in advance because I could not get all the studying done in a single night.

Hunter: Probably just a little bit the night before because finals are light work!

Sahota-Flood: Probably the night before. If I study in advance, I’ll forget all the information.

Expressions: What final do you think will be most influential to your grade? Why?

Sedeek: My world history final is going to be the most influential because it is an AP class.

Hunter: Math, it’s easy but it’s weighed really heavily.

Sahota-Flood: AP Environmental because the final will either make or break my A.

Expressions: What makes finals hard for you?

Sedeek: The amount of content I need to remember all at once in a stressful setting.

Hunter: The longer class periods.

Sahota-Flood: Having back-to-back tests makes me [stressed out].

Expressions: Do you find finals stressful? Why?

Sedeek: Yes, because it is a big test that takes up a very large percentage of my grade.

Hunter: Not really, I think I have good test-taking skills.

Sahota-Flood: Yes, I do not like tests.

Expressions: Do you see yourself doing better or worse during this trimester’s finals compared to last trimester’s finals? Why?

Sedeek: I see myself doing better as I have been interactive in the material this trimester, and I feel as if I have a better knowledge of the content compared to last year.

Hunter: Probably worse just because I have harder classes [this trimester].

Sahota-Flood: [I’ll do] better this trimester. I feel like I have been more focused.

Make sure to calm down and focus, Tigers. Stress is a recipe for disaster. Study hard, work hard, and ace those finals!