Exciting New Releases in the Movie World

These are the movies to look out for in 2024. Photo collage courtesy of senior Levi Woffinden.

It’s no secret, that good movies are a large talking point among students at San Luis Obispo High School. Whether it be anticipation for a new movie to come, excitement about a new release, or a sense of intrigue sparked by a classic, there is always something that lures people toward the big screen.

Recently, movies like “Wonka,” “Saltburn,” “Mean Girls,” and “Godzilla Minus One” have been big hits in theaters. However, just because they are popular, does not mean they are good.

“‘Mean Girls’ is really bad, [it’s] really low quality,” said senior Julia Rizzo.

While recent movies are popular among critics, not many have made a connection with SLOHS students. People are still hung up on movies from many months or even years ago. 

“[I would recommend] ‘Avatar [The Way of Water]’ if you’re interested in a movie about exploration or just what life underwater might bring,” said senior Andy Shen.

Students should get excited because there are plenty of new releases on the horizon. “Kung Fu Panda 4,” “Inside Out 2,” “Sonic The Hedgehog 3,” and “Despicable Me 4” are all on their way, so there is a lot to look forward to.

If you are someone who enjoys “all the graphics and stuff,” like freshman Kyler Dillion, new developments in the film industry have you covered? Along with camera improvements for realistic movies, animation software such as Blender is constantly being updated, giving animators more tools to make their movies better.

Mark your calendar, cause you do not want to miss all of the banger movies coming out soon.

Source: rottentomatoes.com