Girls Tennis Season Wrap Up

As the Fall sports season comes to a close, the San Luis Obispo High School girls tennis team has proven victorious. The team, led by captain and senior Samantha Good, had another successful season, coming second place only to longtime rival Arroyo Grande High School (AGHS) in the league tournament. Senior tennis player Alorah Towne said “I think we all worked really well together, like we usually do.” This second place result to Arroyo Grande is no surprise to those who have closely watched the team over the years; senior Samantha Good said “every year since my freshman year we get second place to AGHS because they’re very good and have a lot more kids, but we’re also good. It also helps that the other teams in the league aren’t that good.”

Although the SLOHS team has a record of success, an unwelcome impairment forced the team to work harder than usual.

“We lost nine seniors last year, so I was worried about how the season would go with the only seniors this year being myself and Alorah Towne,” said Good, “but we still dominated and came out on top.”

With another year of high ranks in tournaments and high school games alike, the team has high hopes for the future.

“Next year the team will be missing only two seniors, so we still should be pretty good,” said Good, “but AGHS is losing a pretty good amount of seniors who are talented.” With the SLOHS junior varsity team often defeating the AGHS varsity team in matches, does this spell a league championship in the future? Only time will tell. But at this pace, the SLOHS girls tennis team is sure to make a racket.

Source: maxpreps.com