Country: The Worst Genre of American Music

Country music is a favorite among heavily privileged high school girls, as well as fake cowboys and rednecks, alike. Most the lyrics seem revolve around the basic country subjects of shotguns and tractors, played over four or five basic chords.

I am very tired of hearing this music.

To put it simply, most contemporary country music is terrible. The songs have no true content. This isn’t saying that all country music is bad, as there are examples of good country. Good country music dates back to artists such as Hank Williams Sr. and Johnny Cash, when country remained at its roots, a combination of blues and folk.

The worst example of “country” that I can think of is Florida Georgia Line.

Florida Georgia Line is the ideal example of country at its worst. In their song “Round Here,” sticking with the recurring themes of guns, god, tractors, beer and blue jeans, successfully combining all of these elements to craft what could possibly be one of the worst songs of all time.

In the song, Florida Georgia Line lead singers Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard sing, “A hammer and a nail, stacking them bails/I’m dog tired by the five o’clock hour/But I’m ready to raise some hell/And Jesse’s getting ready, I’m gassing up the Chevy/I’m gonna pick her up at six/I hope she’s gonna wear them jeans with the tear/That her mama never fixed.” This is an example of the type of formulated lyrics that have ruined country music.

Source:

azlyrics.com

View Comments (1)