“Saltburn”: A Cinematic Masterpiece with a Warning Label

One of the best new mind-warp movies: “Saltburn”. Photo collage courtesy of junior Addi Woods. 

Many students at San Luis Obispo High School have been tempted to watch “Saltburn” after the scarred reactions of viewers. 

“‘Saltburn’ was very shocking and had some weird scenes, but overall it was actually a good movie,” said junior Lily Niven. 

“Saltburn” was released in November 2023 and has recently been stirring up the media due to some of its more vulgar scenes. This thrilling film is directed by Emerald Fennell and stars actors Barry Keoghan and Jacob Elordi. 

“I initially wanted to watch ‘Saltburn’ because Jacob Elordi was in it but I was not ready for some of those scenes,” said senior Maggie McKay. 

The plot follows Oliver (Barry Keoghan) when he gets invited to stay with his wealthy Oxford classmate, Felix (Jacob Elordi) at his family’s mansion for the summer. After Oliver arrives, many horrific things begin to happen causing Felix’s family to fall apart. 

“Apart from some strange events in the movie, it would be perfect for a film class to study. The details and overall message would be very interesting to analyze,” said junior Sofia Waggoner.

The plot of this thriller develops in an exhilarating way and the soundtrack keeps viewers watching. The movie is also currently free on Prime Video. 

Viewer discretion is definitely advised, but if you’re up for the thrill, give “Saltburn” a watch! 

Source: imdb.com