SLOHS’ GO Club Offers Fun Weekend Adventures!

Enjoy the outdoors at GO Club! Photo courtesy of @slohsgoclub on Instagram.

There are many clubs at San Luis Obispo High School for students to enjoy, but the new Go Outside Club is perfect for students looking for fun weekend activities. 

“The purpose of GO Club is to get people together to share new or old experiences as a collective, providing the opportunity to make new friendships, all while having a good time,” said GO club founder and junior Trevor Pearson.

The club is relatively new, having only started at the beginning of trimester two, but GO Club meets every Thursday in room 169 where they plan out their weekend activities.

So far the club has had multiple fun outings such as their beach bonfire, their trip to the Sunset Drive-In, a picnic on Terrace Hill, and a hike to Madonna Mountain’s Christmas tree. 

“Each meeting has been very successful, and accommodating to the members, in order to bring as many people together as possible. My job is just to foster a fun and friendly environment, and provide a chance for people to go out, make new connections, and enjoy themselves with the company of new, awesome people,” said Pearson.

GO Club is the perfect opportunity to branch out and go on fun adventures while enjoying the company of other students and forging new friendships. 

“Students should join GO club if they’re looking to meet new people and just have a good, fun time that’s always guaranteed,” said Pearson.

While the club has only had a few gatherings so far, future weekends may include camping trips, game nights, and more beach trips. 

If students are looking for more information, they can find GO Club on Instagram @slohsgoclub.

Join GO Club, it’ll be full of great opportunities students won’t want to miss!