What Do Boys Basketball Players Think About New Varsity Coach Chris Grieves?

Tiger basketball is ready to get back on the Big Gym home court! Photo courtesy of reporter Trey Walter.

Boys Basketball at San Luis Obispo High School has recently made a big change to the program. After the last Varsity Basketball coach was fired, Chris Grieves has taken the role as the new SLOHS Varsity Basketball coach.

“All the coaches are very experienced and know every little detail to give us an upper hand in our game,” said freshman Beau Crew.

Coach Grieves hopes to bring the Tiger basketball program to new heights, but do the players think he can assist them to victory?

“Last year we had a record of 21-9. I’m hoping to beat that this year,” said sophomore Jacob Gill.

Coach Grieves wants to help players improve their skills. Many players think that Grieves will help players win more games.

“The coaches this year really want to win, but we are trying to first bring the team together by having a new staff,” said sophomore Drew Howes.

Coaches can have a great impact on how a team performs. They can affect practice, the plays they run, and which players get time on the court.

“Winning games is only one of the measurements we use to look at a successful season. That being said, we all want Tiger Basketball to have a winning season!” said Athletic Director Adam Basch.

No matter what players think of the coaches, the boys basketball teams will surely do Tigertastic!