Horror franchise movie “Saw X”: Better Than The Original?

Do you want to play a game? Graphic courtesy of reporter Trey Walter.

The critically acclaimed “Saw” franchise just came out with its tenth installment in its series, “Saw X”, and students at San Luis Obispo High School are screaming for joy. With the Halloween season rolling around, many are watching this movie. But have any SLOHS students seen it yet?

“I haven’t seen ‘Saw X’ and I don’t plan on seeing it because I don’t like gory movies,” said freshman Bearacb Plemons.

Receiving 78.4 million dollars in the box office, “Saw X” is obviously an audience liked movie. But this isn’t reflected in SLOHS. Plemons isn’t the only student who holds this opinion.

“Saw X is pretty fire no cap,” said sophomore Xavier Lara.

Critics say that this movie was beautiful, brutal and everything they wanted to see in a sequel to the original. While some students find that this movie isn’t for them.

“I don’t intend on seeing it, only because I don’t like horror movies,” said sophomore Andrew Sullivan.

“Saw X” is a glance into Jigsaw’s past. It depicts actor Tobin Bell as the protagonist, a dying Jigsaw looking for a treatment for cancer. Swindling doctors online scam him into paying them for treatment at their facility.

When he finds out the doctors didn’t really cure him of his disease, he takes it upon himself to make sure they regret it.

“Hello, everyone. It’s time to play a game. You all pretended to cure me. But what I have planned for each of you, is very real,” said main character of Saw X Tobin Bell.

This is a bone chilling movie, only for the most macho students here at SLOHS. If you’re looking to wet your pants, take a seat and play his game.

Sources: Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb