Game Over: Reflecting On the End of the SLOHS Football Season and as Players Look Towards CIF.

SLOHS football players’ hard work is never done. Photo courtesy of @slohsfb on Instagram.

The end of the winning football season has finally come for San Luis Obispo High School students. CIF is coming, and the schedule is not out yet. But the great regular season for Varsity has had its last home game.

From the very first practice to the very last thrilling game under Friday night lights, it’s been a rollercoaster of sweat, hard work, and passion. 

“I can’t believe that the season is over. It happened so fast and I’m going to miss those Friday nights,” said junior Leila Johnson. 

The journey through the football season was much more than watching games, but the moments left a lasting impression. For many high school students, this season is not merely a series of games but a bonding experience that creates a sense of unity and camaraderie.

“I went to the football games because of the school spirit, the good food, to be with my friends, and of course to support the school and the football team,” said sophomore Bailey Morgan.

Football season lines up with school spirit as well. The stands come alive with enthusiastic cheers, colorful banners, and spirited chants. The sense of belonging and pride that comes from supporting your school’s team is unmatched. The end of the season means saying goodbye to those electric moments when the crowd becomes one and the school colors dominate the stadium.

“It’s so cool going to the games and seeing everyone decked out in the school’s colors or the themes for that specific game. It definitely brings students together, but it’s sad that those experiences are going away for the rest of the year,” said senior Cade Backlin. 

The end of the football season can also bring a sense of melancholy. The excitement and anticipation that come with game days are replaced by a void that leaves students wondering what to do with their late Friday nights. It’s time to reflect on the memorable moments of the season and start the countdown to the next year’s kickoff. 

While the football season may be over (but here comes CIF!), the memories, lessons, and friendships forged during this time will remain. SLOHS students can look forward to the anticipation of the next season, with hopes of creating new memories and celebrating school spirit once more. 

Source: slohs.slcusd.org