SLOHS Winter Sports are Ready for Thrills and Chills!

Temperatures are low but tensions are high for the winter sports season! Photo courtesy of reporter Santiago Amaya.

With fall sports finishing their season, winter sports are just around the corner. Tigers at San Luis Obispo High School did a great job in all sports during the fall. 

The upcoming winter sports include Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys and Girls Basketball, and Boys and Girls Wrestling, with tryouts from October 30 to November 4. 

“I expect the season to go well because we have a good freshman team this year and with only a few challenging teams to face, I expect good results,” said freshman basketball player Natalie Peters. 

Recent changes have also been put into place with new coaches joining the SLOHS Athletics family. For varsity soccer athletes, returnees and newbies can expect coach Josh Graham to take over, now that ex-coach James Boscaro has resigned.

For boys varsity basketball athletes, players can expect coach Chris Grieves to be taking former coach Jeff Brandows’ spot. 

Although Boys and Girls Wrestling may not have gone through any changes of coaching staff, as always a new batch of SLOHS wrestlers are already planning to dominate the mat.  

“I’m really excited for the wrestling season to start again because of all the new and returning athletes. Last year was great, and the experience was even better,” said sophomore wrestler Emiliano Avila. 

Tryouts are inching closer by the day, make sure to check any out that are interesting. Let’s make the 23-24 sports season great, Tigers!