Pay Attention, SLOHS! The Baseball World Series is Starting this Friday!

The final two teams have been decided from the original play off twelve. Map courtesy of Major League Baseball.

The Major League Baseball season is drawing to a close and San Luis Obispo High School Students are eagerly watching to see who comes out victorious. The postseason has been narrowed to two teams, each trying their best to be the final team standing.

The MLB postseason was down to two battles to advance to the World Series: the National League Championship Series and the American League Championship Series. These are both seven game contests played until a winner is determined.

“The teams still left in the postseason are surprising, we have underdogs that have made it very far through the season,” said freshman Josiah Gies.

The Philadelphia Phillies and the Arizona Diamondbacks were duking it out for the NLCS while the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros to the ALCS. The Rangers and Diamondbacks have advanced to the World Series, but it wasn’t easy. Both contests played game sevens for a nail biting finish.

“I thought the Astros and the Phillies would continue to the World Series,” said freshman Devin Wilson.

Now that the contenders are decided, the World Championship Series will start on Friday, Oct 27 and will continue until either team wins the best out of seven games. 

The World Series should be even more exciting this year, with two evenly matched teams that haven’t played in the World Series in a long time. The last time the Rangers went to a World Series was 2011 and the Diamondbacks haven’t had a visit since 2001 when they won it all.

“I think people should watch the World Series because it is the most exciting thing in baseball and we have teams who haven’t been to the World Series in a while,” said Gies.

Even if you think baseball is boring, give the postseason a shot and watch a game. Get watching, Tigers!