Who Is NFL player Travis Kelce’s New Girlfriend? Most Swifties know “All too Well”

Taylor Swift couldn’t shake off her feelings for Travis Kelce. Photo Collage courtesy of  freshman Gibran Covarrubias.

It seems like Travis Kelce and San Luis Obispo High School students have been loving American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift and her continuous appearances on national television.

Since the start of the NFL football season, the spotlight hasn’t been on stars such as Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, or Christian McCaffrey. Instead, the focus of the past few weeks in the league has all been on Swift.

“After every play, the camera cuts to Taylor in the luxury box. It’s getting really old, really fast,” said freshman Josiah Gies.

The recent prominence started two weeks ago, when Swift had appeared at a Kansas City Chiefs game on September 24, in support of her boyfriend and Chiefs tight end Kelce. The couple have created debates on Instagram and various other social media apps, with some arguing that the NFL is exploiting Swift in the process.

The NFL has defended the coverage of Swift, saying it’s a ‘pop cultural moment’, but many have speculated that the league’s main adjective is to exploit the connection between the couple in order to increase television viewers and tick prices, thanks to many new fans tuning in to see Swift.

However, it appears that not all Swifties are dying to see Swift on Sunday.

“I don’t really care about her personal life. I’m just a fan of her music. It doesn’t matter to me at all what she does and who she dates,” said freshman Harper Strand.

Even Kelce believes that the NFL is taking free marketing a little too far, and would rather the focus of the game be on the players playing and not the celebrities watching.

It’s great for a community to form around sports, but it would be best for the main attraction to be on the field instead of the stands. It’s uncertain whether or not Swift will be attending Minneapolis this weekend to cheer on the Chiefs, but if she is, we will surely know.

Sources: yahoo.com, rollingstone.com, nypost.com