SLOHS Boys Basketball and Their New Coach are Getting Prepared to Take Over the Court this Winter

Last year’s team dominated the court, so can SLOHS expect the same this year? Photo courtesy of SLO Tribune. 

San Luis Obispo High School athletes have been anticipating the winter season of basketball. Fortunately for boys at SLOHS, preseason practices have begun and are being held after school. 

For those interested in playing boys basketball, do not hesitate to sign up, as the official season does not start until the second trimester of school.

“It’s a great experience to get in the gym right after school with a new coach. The new coach is pretty quiet, but it’s always fun to just be in there. The team chemistry is great too, overall it’s a great environment. It’s a fun place to be in at all times,” said varsity basketball player and sophomore Logan Missler.

Tryouts for the boys basketball team are October 30 through November 4. The game schedule is yet to be finalized but be sure to look out for game times.

Expressions reached out to new boys basketball coach Chris Grieves last week for comment but he was unavailable.

SLOHS Tigers have been practicing hard already, so the games should be exciting. Get ready to storm the court Tigers!