It’s Homecoming Week So Show Your Stripes

Homecoming week is coming up quickly! Photo illustration courtesy of Talia Garrett and Tessa Roos.

San Luis Obispo High School students are getting excited for Tiger Spirit Week, the football game, rally, and the Homecoming dance coming up! 

Every day this week students will be encouraged to dress up according to each day’s theme: Metal Monday is for rock and roll, Turntable Tuesday is for rap, Wagon Wheel Wednesday is for country, Throwback Thursday is for disco, and for Eye of the Tiger Friday students should wear extreme black and gold.

“I love to show off my school spirit and dressing up because it makes school more exciting, fun, and it makes the week go by quicker,” said freshman Madalyn Purdy. 

SLOHS Expressions hopes to see lots of original ideas and school spirit!

Today during Tutorial students will be going with their fourth period class to the Big Gym where there will be SLOHS’s second rally of the year.

Get ready to cheer our Tigers on! Freshmen, wear your glass, hint, hint!

Friday there will be a Homecoming football game and Homecoming Court halftime show where students will see who the student body has chosen to be crowned royalty for each class!

Saturday is the Homecoming Dance and it’ll be a great time! 

“It feels like it’s a mark of starting high school,” said freshman Sadie Badger.

It will go from seven to ten p.m. in the Big Gym. Tickets will be on sale outside the Student Services building this week and next week at lunch. They are five dollars with an ASB endorsement and ten dollars without. 

It’s going to be an exciting week for SLOHS Tigers; hope you’re ready to roar!