Cal Poly is Holding a Girls Build Summer Academy

Don’t miss this exciting, free opportunity! Sign up by July 2. Photo Courtesy of Digital Commons at California Polytechnic State University.

San Luis Obispo High School offers awesome opportunities with their engineering and construction classes. Many students participate in and enjoy them. 

Highschoolers, including the SLOHS class of 2023, looking to further their education on these topics should check out any of the summer programs that California Polytechnic State University is providing, including the Girls Build Summer Academy. 

This program will take place July 17-21, and tickets are available all the way up to July 2.

“I’m doing it to get the experience and meet other people who have mutual interests, also to experience the Cal Poly campus because I want to go there,” said junior Fay Samaan.

This five-day program is a great, free opportunity to learn about the construction industry and what Cal Poly offers for this career path. Students in the county that are interested in going to Cal Poly for construction, or even another major, can use this as an opportunity to experience firsthand the environment they will continue their education in. 

The girls that attend this camp will learn about all the aspects and careers involved in the construction industry, as well as building with highly educated people who will teach them all about the technology, techniques, and other tips and tricks. 

No prior knowledge or experience is necessary to participate in this camp. 9-12 graders with the urge to learn can get a free ticket and have a great time.

Sources: digitalcommons.calpoly.edu, eventbrite.com, allevents.in