Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop! SLOHS Water Polo is Working Hard This Summer!

The notorious Tiger pool, where great athletes go to compete. Photo courtesy of junior Lina Arnold. 

Summer Water Polo is going to be an amazing experience for any students wanting to participate in the sport over the summer. At San Luis Obispo High School, the Water Polo team is very dedicated to their sport, making the summer season an important one to watch. 

By going to the summer season games, students can get a glimpse of what the SLOHS Water Polo team will look like for the 2023 fall season. 

“SLOHS students should know that our water polo summer season is important to watch because it’s easier to [come to] than it would be when school is active,” said junior Samantha Gomez.

SLOHS Water Polo is hard to attend because the games showcase both JV and varsity girls and boys teams from around three pm to seven pm. When the team has to travel, games can even end as late as eight or nine pm during the school season.

Summer Water Polo is an important sport to follow because students can show your support and learn about the sport before the waterpolo fall season starts. 

“Our summer season is a series of games and tournaments that will lead to [junior olympics]. [During] the season we play games against other water polo clubs and will be placed on how well we do for how many games we win or lose,” said Gomez.

Students should be supporting their school and if they can’t then summer Water Polo is a good option as it’s very easy to come to home games at SLOHS. 

“Even if they can’t make the time to come during our school season, the extra effort when they come to our summer games would make me really happy,” said Gomez. 

Summer Water Polo is indeed very important, however a lot of students have summer jobs that create complications for coming to games.

For students who wish to come to the games and kill some time, come support SLOHS Tigers! For more information, check out @slohswaterpolo on Instagram.