Track has won CIF! The track kids reflect on the season ?

The Track Team after CIF. Photo courtesy of sophomore Bronwyn McDiarmond.

As Summer appears on the horizon for San Luis Obispo High School Students, the Track Season is coming to a close. Since most recently both girls and boys won CIF, now is a good time to reflect on the highlights the track kids have experienced and hopefully provide some inspiration to students to join next season.

“I think that this year specifically was amazing compared to last year because of the new track. In the end everyone put in their best effort to pr and improve as a whole” said sophomore Bronwyn McDiarmond.

Track this year has so far been able to accomplish winning League Finals for Girls and Boys, JV and Varsity. Enabling the title of league champs. 

“Both the boys and girls teams put in a tremendous amount of work all season and it paid off.  The girls 4 x 400 finished 4th with a time of 3:56.73 which is the 3rd best mark all time for SLOHS. ” said Track Coach David Gomes.

With the successful accomplishment of winning CIF it leaves many on the track team invigorated for what comes next and what could inspire many to join next year.

“Track is a wonderful sport. You’ll compete with hundreds of people but primarily, you’ll compete with yourself. If you embrace the soreness, work hard and set goals you’ll always cross the finish faster than before,” said junior Marco Petterson.