Rainy Days and Canceled School? SLOHS Students Love It.

It’s coming down again next week. Fingers crossed. Illustration courtesy of Design Editor Owen Blackwell.

Some students at San Luis Obispo High School like staying warm and dry. Others like adventuring out in the downpour.

Almost all of them agree that a rain day is a fun time to unwind and take opportunities to do things other than school. 

So much rain outside that students can’t get to school is a great excuse to just relax for the day.

“I like to bake and watch movies on rainy days. I feel like it’s the perfect time to just get cozy and chill,” said sophomore Addi Woods.

The unplanned day off created a vacuum in students’ schedules right as we were starting a new trimester. This lack of things to do was a welcome break from the busy week preceding it. 

“Especially this week with the beginning of the new trimester I was really burnt out and tired so not having school and being able to relax was really nice,” said sophomore Anja Reed.

The torrential showers have been good not only for students’ mental health, but also the health of the environment in San Luis Obispo County. Following the recent rainfall, SLO County is completely out of the drought. 

“I love the rain! Makes everything so beautiful and green afterwards,” said senior senior Allison Cadena.

Expressions hopes all students had a relaxing few days off of school. All students should get outside and enjoy the green hills when it is safe.

90 percent chance of rain next Tuesday, btw.

Sources: droughtmonitor.unl.edu