Where should SLOHS students to take loved ones to dinner for Valentine’s Day?

Love and hunger is in the air this Valentine’s Day. Did you plan ahead? Like right now? Photo courtesy of reporter Leila Dragomir.

Valentine’s day is coming up and some students at San Luis Obispo High School might want to take their significant others, family members, or friends out to a nice dinner. Expressions did all the research for you to make picking a good restaurant a little easier this year.

“I would go downtown to Giuseppe’s because they have really good food and I feel like the environment is pretty casual so it wouldn’t be awkward, but it’s fancy enough that you could get dressed up,” said sophomore Evelyn Heffner.

According to Yelp and Tripadvisor, Giuseppe’s Cucina Rustica, Eureka!, Novo, Buona Tavola, Finneys, Taqueria El Guero, and Mistura are amongst the top seven rated restaurants in all of San Luis Obispo. All seven restaurants have ratings above 4 stars on both Yelp and Tripadvisor. All seven of these restaurants vary in price and cuisine so there is something for everyone.

“If I was going on a Valentines day date I would take someone to Taste because they have a good variety of food options and the vibe is nice,” said sophomore Will Perkins.

Remember Tigers, Valentine’s day is a fun excuse to spend some quality time with the people you love, whether that means going out to dinner or making a nice meal at home. Just remember to make a reservation a couple days in advance if you decide to go out!

Sources: yelp.com, tripadvisor.co