Ford Versus Chevy. Which do SLOHS Students prefer?

This car is being “built to last.” Photo Courtesy of senior Taylor Nelson.

Students at San Luis Obispo High School have strong opinions about Ford and Chevy. These are both American automotive companies that have been around since the beginning of the mass production of automobiles. Fords have a record of being the first mass-production cars in the United States since Henry Ford’s invention of the assembly line. 

Ford is the best long-lasting automotive company that the American population puts their confidence in and is more popular than Chevy.

“Ford didn’t have to be bailed out like General Motors had been by the government, it was supported by the people,” said senior Dawson Nelson.

Ford is highly regarded by the people, and they put their trust in the safety and integrity of the company. Chevy is a company owned by General Motors which is a huge corporation that would’ve gone bankrupt if the American Government didn’t intervene in 2008 when it nearly went bankrupt. With government intervention, General Motors was able to stay afloat and is now thriving.

“Ford is the better than Chevy because Ford seems to last longer and drive overall better,” said senior Glenn Owens.

People who drive Ford’s are impressed with its ability to rake up high miles and get them from place to place without any issues. Eighty to ninety percent of the late 90s and early 2000s Ford vehicles are still in use today for construction sites, personal use, and offroading.

Chevy has one of the most popular selections of sedans and SUVs because of its reliability and safety statistics, but Ford’s and Chevy’s have safety and reliability ratings that are around the same statistics for various cars in both brands.

Ford’s historically have had a very strong following from the American population, whereas Chevy hasn’t had as much luck and almost went bankrupt after its failures. Given the choice, choose Ford for a car that is “built to last.”

Source: forbes.com, grooveford.com